PACT is a member-driven organization that serves as the collective voice of professional Canadian theatres. For the betterment of Canadian theatre, PACT provides leadership, national representation and a variety of programs and practical assistance to member companies, enabling members to do their own creative work.
About Professional Association of Canadian Theatres
PACT exists to:
- gain recognition and support for professional theatre in Canada from all levels of government
- support the development of Canadian theatre companies by sharing resources and knowledge
- develop working standards and relationships with theatre professionals through their associations
- inform and connect theatres across Canada through a communications network.
- theatre makes an essential contribution to Canadian life on every level
- the experience of theatre should be readily accessible to Canadians
- theatre companies should be as diverse as the Canadian society they reflect
- people who work in the theatre are professionals who deserve supportive working environments