Qqs Projects Society is dedicated to supporting Heiltsuk youth, culture, and environment in order to create a strong and vibrant future for our children, our Nation, and our territory.
We are devoted to building capacity and revitalizing our culture by supporting important community initiatives that will uplift the Heiltsuk people. We empower our youth and families by providing opportunities to learn and practice our gvi‘ilas (traditional values and laws) as well as Hailhzaqvla, our language.
We establish and participate in Heiltsuk-run projects focused on the monitoring and stewardship of Heiltsuk traditional lands and resources in the belief that our environment is the foundation of our culture.
Our goal is to help create a new generation of Heiltsuk leaders who are committed to the revitalization of our culture and to the sustainable management and use of our lands and resources.
About QQS (EYES) PROJECTS SOCIETY
Qqs Projects Society is a value-based organization. We, along with our partners and supporters, share a common commitment to realizing specific values both in our actions as individuals and in our work as an organization:
* We value our youth. We believe that our young people are our future and that they deserve opportunities to grow and learn.
* We value our culture. We believe in the strength of our Heiltsuk culture and traditions and are committed to cultural revitalization that transcends generations.
* We value our environment. We believe that the health of our land and waters is deeply tied to the health of our people.
* We value our traditional Heiltsuk laws that govern who we are, how we act, and how we speak.
* We value education and learning as a tool to help our Nation to build itself into a healthy, strong, and vibrant people.
* We value respect for each other, our environment, and our friends and partners.