Rainbow Harmony Project is a voluntary, not-for-profit community chorus incorporated under the laws of Manitoba to provide an opportunity for people who are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and two-spirited (GLBTT) and their supporters to sing together.
The primary purpose of the organization is to promote musical excellence in performance by:
- Creating and maintaining a mixed chorus that presents public performances in the Winnipeg area;
- Providing the chorus with competent, professional artistic leadership;
- Being a visible, respected member of the Manitoba arts community. While striving to achieve this purpose, the organization seeks to:
- provide social and fellowship experiences to enrich the lives of its members;
- promote education and cultural enrichment of its members and audiences;
- foster spirit and pride in the GLBTT community;
- and present a positive image of the GLBTT community to the general public by being identified as an organization of individuals who are making a contribution to the entire community through musical performance.
About RAINBOW HARMONY PROJECT
Rainbow Harmony Project is Winnipeg's GLBTT community chorus. We present two major concerts each year and make several guest appearances as well as perform at festivals within Winnipeg and throughout Canada. In addition to providing the LGBT community and their friends with a place to sing, RHP also does its best to provide support and funding for other LGBT organizations.