East Metro Youth Services (EMYS) is an adolescent mental health and addictions centre, accredited by the Canadian Centre of Accreditation. We have been serving young people and their families in East Toronto since 1974.
East Metro Youth Services (EMYS) has been named the Toronto lead agency by the Ministry of Children and Youth Services as part of the province’s mental health strategy. Learn more
We continuously strive to engage youth and young adults in reaching their personal best through:
- Enhancing their mental health.
- Investing in their future potential.
- Innovative collaboration with our diverse families, communities and service partners.
Doing whatever it takes – We are committed to doing whatever it takes to meet the needs of the clients, participants and families we serve.
We have incorporated the following concepts into everything we do.
- Youth and their families are the experts in their lives.
- We provide individualized programming to meet the unique needs and circumstances of youth and their families.
At East Metro Youth Services we believe:
- The best interests of youth in our community are paramount.
- Youth and their families should be treated with dignity and respect.
- The strengths, diversity, and potential of youth and their families should be recognized and valued.
- Flexibility, innovation, and individualized treatment approaches are important to providing responsive services.
- Collaboration with the youth, families, community and other service providers enhance the achievement of outcomes for youth.
- Excellent, high quality services and programs are based on best practices and staying evidence-informed.
About EAST METRO YOUTH SERVICES
Accredited by Canadian Centre for Accreditation, East Metro Youth Services (EMYS) is a community based children’s mental health centre which has been serving young people and their families in the East Toronto community for over thirty years. We are regulated by, and adhere to the spirit of Bill 77, The Child and Family Services Act.
Our staff works in partnership with families schools, and other health professionals to help young people achieve their personal best. We provide a range of prevention, assessment and diagnostic services, as well as counselling, day treatment, transitional support and residential services.