The Capitol Theatre is a non-profit charitable organization and an inclusive community gathering place. As a regional, bilingual cultural centre, the Capitol connects us with incredible arts experiences in all disciplines and in both official languages. The Capitol is committed to bringing incomparable local, regional, national and international artists to our community.
Our mandate allows us to preserve one of our region’s most precious and significant heritage buildings, while honouring its original purpose as a beloved centre for the presentation of arts, entertainment and cultural events.
The Capitol Theatre relies on the invaluable support and engagement of the community. Without the generous support of the Friends of the Capitol Theatre and community members like you, our many programs and services would not be possible.
Why Your Friendship is Important
Ticket sales cover only a portion of the funding required to sustain the Capitol Theatre and its community impact. The generous support of the Friends of the Capitol Theatre and individual donors is integral to making our community support and enrichment initiatives possible. Programs such as:
- Financial support for school matinees
- Ticket distribution for community group and non-profit attendance
- Youth bursaries for our quality education programs at the Capitol Theatre Academy
- Free public performances and open classes by the Capitol Theatre Academy
- A public series of “Pay What You Will” performances featured in our season
By supporting the Capitol, you make your community a better place.