The Parkinson's Resource Centre (PRC) has a mission to provide programs, services and resources that focus on the day-to-day quality of life of individuals and families living with Parkinson’s disease.
People with Parkinson’s disease recognize the benefits of proactive programs relating to fitness, dietary, and social changes, but have difficulty finding Parkinson’s-specific programs in the GTA that educate and challenge them. This is why we started the Parkinson's Resource Centre -- to ensure that an accessible and centralized hub of information and coordinated therapeutic programs exists for those diagnosed with PD.
Your support is important to us as we move together to fight back against Parkinson's.
Your donation will go towards our four core programs:
- Rock Steady Boxing Toronto
- Nutrition and Cooking for Parkinson's
- Stretching and Yoga for Parkinson's
- Education and Support for individuals and families living with Parkinson's
Join us in our fight against Parkinson’s!
Donations to the Parkinson's Resource Centre will help fund program development and delivery, coaching and instructor fees, one-on-one assessments, exercise equipment, cooking classes, and educational resources.
Here is how your donation can help people live well with Parkinson’s:
- $40 will provide a new Rock Steady boxer with a welcome kit and gloves.
- $80 will enrol one person in a Yoga and Stretching program for ten one-hour classes.
- $250 will send a new boxer to an introductory, 6-week Rock Steady Boxing boot camp.
- $500 will develop educational resources for a How To Be A Good Care Partner workshop.
- $1,000 will enrol 10 people in a 4-week Nutrition and Cooking class, and provide all food and materials.
- $2,500 will fund the training and certification costs for a new Rock Steady Boxing coach.
- $5,000 will fund the development and delivery of a 6-week Self-Management course for 25 people living with Parkinson’s and their care partners.
Every donation counts! Thank you for moving with us in our fight against Parkinson's.
The Parkinson's Resource Centre is a registered charity (#78366 0525 RR0001). For more information or to make a gift of securities, please contact Mary Neilans, Executive Director, Parkinson's Resource Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What People Are Saying
"“Rock Steady Boxing offers such a positive, motivational environment, which is exactly what my Dad and the other participants need. “ "
— Sue Holden, cornerman for her father, Ken Holden
""I learned a lot during the Nutrition and Cooking class. I had no idea the impact of diet on my Parkinson's medications and symptoms. The instructor shared so much information, and it was all clear and helpful." "
— Aggie Toth, class participant with Parkinson's
""It’s been a challenge since my diagnosis, but in the past few months I have been fortunate enough to personally witness the positive health and social benefits gained from my involvement with the PRC.""
— Shane McPhee, PRC volunteer and Rock Steady boxer with Parkinson's