Qaujisaqtiit Society supports and strengthens the capacity of Inuit non-profit organizations to respond effectively to emerging Inuit community needs throughout Nunavut.
Qaujisaqtiit Society member organizations include:
- Nunavut Tunngavik Incorporated
- Qikiqtani Inuit Association
- Kivalliq Inuit Association
- Kitikmeot Inuit Association
- Inuit Heritage Trust
- Nunavut Sivuniksavut
About QAUJISAQTIIT SOCIETY
Qaujisaqtiit Society (pronounced khow-yee-sak-teet) is a registered charity made up of six Inuit non-profit organizations with a collective mandate to advance the well-being and promote the interests of Inuit in Nunavut.
Qaujisaqtiit Society provides leadership and support to member organizations located in communities throughout Nunavut.
Qaujisaqtiit Society enables member organizations, foundations, corporations and government to partner in support of the growth and sustainable development of Nunavut on a wide range of unique social, economic and cultural priorities including:
* Inuit culture and heritage protection
* Language preservation and promotion
* Elders and youth
* Education and training
* Environmental conservation
* Lands and wildlife management
* Health and social awareness
* Sustainable economic development