"Fostering excellence and leadership in volunteerism through programs, services and support"
"A vibrant, caring community where volunteers enrich lives and people feel connected"
Respectful, Inclusive, Passionate, Fun, Collaborative, Adaptable, Accountable.
About Our Charity
As an effective charity over the past 36 years, the Volunteer Centre of St. Lawrence - Rideau has supported volunteerism in local non-profits and community events. Our programs and services create opportunities for members of our community to serve, to feel included as a valued contributor in our community and help better the lives of others.
We focus on impacting Strong Communities through Community Engagement by supporting over 30 local non-profits by coordinating and collaborating in programs such as the:
- Community Volunteer Income Tax Program
- “ChangeTheWorld” Ontario Youth Volunteer Challenge
- Youth Empowered Surfing Seniors (YESS) Program
- Senior4Kids program
- Aquatarium Volunteer Ambassador Program
- Student Volunteer Caring Awards
- Brockville Refugee Resettlement Program
- Community Wide Clean-up
In Leeds Grenville during 2016:
- Over 250 volunteers were recruited, interviewed, screened and referred
- 28 Income tax volunteers prepared 2500+ free income tax submissions
- 525 Secondary School youth completed over 4800 volunteer hours
- 30+ non-profit organizations were supported
- projectors, a sound system, table clothes were available free for community events
- 6 Youth and Adults were recognized during National Volunteer Week
- 15 teens impacted over 30 seniors in web based training
- 20 seniors impacted over 65 children in school based programs
Almost 50% of our funding comes from memberships, donations and community based fundraising.
Our mandate includes:
- Promoting Volunteerism
- Building Capacity for Effective Local Volunteering
- Providing Leadership on Issues Relating to Volunteerism
- Connecting People with Opportunities to Serve.
The Volunteer Centre of St. Lawrence-Rideau is a registered charity that is incorporated and is run by a Board of Directors, an Executive Committee and an Centre Manager. Throughout the year we have hundreds of volunteers involved in all aspects of programing, service delivery and fundraising. We are a member agency of the United Way of Leeds Grenville, Volunteer Canada, The Ontario Volunteer Centre Network and the Brockville and District Chamber of Commerce.