Charity Account Training Videos
Learn how to get the most out of your charity account!
We want to help you get the most out of the exciting tools and features available in your CanadaHelps charity account. That’s why we created this resource page, filled with easy-to-follow how-to videos that will walk you through the key steps. Learn how to create an impactful charity profile and campaign, get a Donate Now button for your website, manage funds, and more.
Browse the list of videos below or skip to the section you need:
- Learn How to Manage your Profile on CanadaHelps.org
- Learn How to Use Key Administrative and Reporting Features
- Learn How to Use the Customizable Fundraising Tools
Learn How to Manage your Profile on CanadaHelps.org
All features here are available with a Profile Account and Full Fundraising Account.
Create Your CanadaHelps Charity Profile
- Hundreds of thousands of Canadians visit Canadahelps.org every year to discover new causes and donate. Put your best foot forward and create an impactful charity profile. Learn how to add your mission and description, charity logo, photos and videos, suggested donation amounts, search categories, scope of mission, and more.
Create a Campaign
- Learn how to create a dynamic campaign page to highlight a specific fund or project. Set your start and end date, add a fundraising goal, photos and videos, and more. You’ll also learn how to add your campaign to the CanadaHelps Gift Guide. We’ll promote your campaign on the campaign-browsing page on CanadaHelps all year around!
Create Your Impact Page
See Examples of Charities' Impact Pages
Select Your Search Categories for More Exposure
Display Your Charity Logo on Your Profile and in Donor Emails
Learn How to Use Key Administrative and Reporting Features
All features here are available with a Profile Account and Full Fundraising Account.
How to View and Download Your Donation Reports
- We know that having donor information is important to your organization for timely and effective donor stewardship. Through CanadaHelps, you instantly receive full donor records for every donation made to your organization. Donor records can be downloaded for easy integration with your existing donor database.
How to Create and Download Custom Donation Reports
Thank Your Donors Using the Thank You Tool
CanadaHelps Connector for Salesforce: Installation, Configuration and Transaction Set-Up
- CanadaHelps Connector allows registered Canadian charities to quickly and easily import donors and donations from CanadaHelps to Salesforce. By seamlessly integrating your donation data with your CRM, you can target your supporters more effectively understanding their full giving history. Watch this video to learn how to install and configure the app, and set up transactions.
Data Dashboards: See How Your Charity Compares
- Data has the power to transform and grow your fundraising program. Our Charity Data Dashboards provide you with an at-a-glance look at your fundraising results, insights on your new versus repeat donor mix, and a comparison of your performance versus other charities. In this video, we’ll show you where to find the Charity Data Dashboards in your CanadaHelps charity account.
Learn How to Use the Customizable Fundraising Tools
All features here are available with a Full Fundraising Account. If you don’t have an account, sign up for one today.
Add a Fundraise Now Button to Your Website
Add a Donate Securities Button to Your Website
Custom Donate Now Tools
Create a Customized Donation Form
- Learn how to create a customized donation form to accept donations online from your own website using CanadaHelps. Some of the benefits of using CanadaHelps customized donations forms include: one-time and monthly giving, full donor information, Google Analytics integration, personalized Thank You emails, custom branding options, seamless user experience, and more.
Embed Your Customized Donation Form in Your Website
- Donors can complete their donations without ever having to leave your website. Simply embed your customized donation form in any page of your charity’s website using the embed code provided to you. In this video, we’ll show you where to find the embed code in your CanadaHelps charity account. You can then copy and paste it onto your site where you want your donation form to appear.
Add a Donate Now Button to Your Website
Upload and Manage Your Custom eCards
- Almost 10% of one-time donations through CanadaHelps are donations made in honour or in memory of someone, where the donor has opted to send a free eCard. Learn how to create and upload your own eCards to your Customizable Donation Forms using visuals that reflect your brand, mission and organization.
Personalize Your Thank You Message
Set up Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager
- Setting up Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager with your CanadaHelps Customizable Donation Forms will help you track key visitor behaviour such as sessions by location and devices, average donation amount, unique versus repeat sessions and more. CanadaHelps now offers a free guide to help you do just that. Specifically, you will learn how to implement the tracking codes from these tools into your Customizable Donation Forms and configure your setup so that you can collect and analyze data that will reveal key information about your visitors.
Peer-to-Peer Social Fundraising Solution
Peer-to-peer Fundraising: It’s Easier than You Think!
- Thinking about launching a P2P walk, run or “thon” event? We’re here to help. A P2P event can be incredibly beneficial for your charity. It’s an opportunity to acquire new donors, raise significant funds, and deepen your relationships with your supporters. Join us to learn how P2P can benefit your charity, see how easy it is to launch and run your event with our powerful new solution, and gain tips for making your event a success.
Create a Peer-to-Peer Social Fundraising Campaign
- Learn how to create a campaign using the new Peer-to-Peer Social Fundraising Solution on CanadaHelps. Launch events like runs, walks, and other “-thons” with ease, and empower your supporters to engage their personal networks to raise funds for your charity. Customize the look of your page, add photos and videos, invite team captains and individual fundraisers, and more.
- Have a question that wasn’t answered in this video? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for Charity Admins.
Peer-to-Peer Social Fundraising Solution: Highlights and Real-life Examples
- See some of the exciting things your charity can do with the powerful new Peer-to-Peer Social Fundraising Solution from CanadaHelps.Launch team-based events like runs, walks, and other “-thons” with ease, and empower your supporters to engage their personal networks to raise funds for your charity. Our robust solution provides everything your charity needs, including: extensive branding, customization, administration, and reporting options. Achieve all the advantages of peer-driven fundraising at a fraction of the cost of for-profit alternatives.
How to Set Up Event Registration and Sell Tickets for P2P Campaigns
Events Management Platform
Learn to Use the New Events Management Platform
How to Create an Event Page
- Watch this video to learn how to get started creating your event using the Events Management platform from CanadaHelps! Running charity galas, tournaments, webinars, and other events is easier and more cost-effective than ever before. Designed for charities, the Events Management platform from CanadaHelps dramatically reduces administrative costs, enabling seamless online ticket sales, multiple ticketing options, and flexible split-receipts. Complete with real-time sales reports, automated event reminders, and simple at-event attendee check-in, Events from CanadaHelps takes the stress out of running events.
How to Brand Your Event Page
With the Events Management platform from CanadaHelps, you can customize and brand your event. Watch this video to learn how to:
- Inspire attendance by telling your story with words, photos and videos on your event page.
- Choose the brand colour palette, and add a marquee image to your event page and emails.
- Customize your charity’s logo that appears at the top of your event page and in your event-generated emails.
How to Set Up Tickets for Your Event
- With the robust ticketing options you get with the CanadaHelps Events Management platform, you can create the perfect mix of tickets to maximize your fundraising results. Watch this video to learn how to set up tickets for your event. You can set up free and/or paid tickets, and as many different ticket types as you’d like!
How Users Interact with Your Event Page
How to Manage Sales and Attendees
Tax Receipting Options for Your Event
Read FAQs and Other Helpful Resources