Reasons to Register with CanadaHelps
Here are some of the reasons why over 13,000 Canadian charities have registered with CanadaHelps for online fundraising:
1. Security and Privacy
Security and privacy online is CanadaHelps’ top concern. Protect your donors with our advanced online security features including VeriSign and McAfee Secure. CanadaHelps adheres to Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS). Furthermore, CanadaHelps keeps your donor information in Canada and doesn’t ever sell, trade, share or otherwise misuse the data. Click here for more information about Security and Privacy on CanadaHelps.
CanadaHelps only charges the costs of processing the transaction itself. There are no set up fees or monthly fees and no need to set up your own credit card merchant account. For credit card and debit transactions, a fee of 3.9% is deducted before it’s sent to your organization. This transaction fee includes all banking and credit card fees as well as the costs of secure donation processing, receipting, reconciliation, donor support and disbursement of funds. Click here for more details about the cost of using CanadaHelps.
Signing up with CanadaHelps is as easy as 1-2-3 - no advanced technical knowledge necessary! Simply visit CanadaHelps.org to get started signing up for your account. Once your registration is completed and reviewed, add the Donate Now! button to your website and start accepting donations online. Click here for more information on how to register.
4. More Donation Options
Offer your donors more ways to give to your organization, including:
- One-time credit card gifts
- Checkout with PayPal and Interac
- Monthly giving
- Donations designated to specific campaigns or funds
- Gifts in honour or in memory of someone
- Online gifts of securities (stocks & mutual funds)
- Peer-to-peer fundraising and pledge pages
5. Full donor records
We know that having donor information is important to your organization for donor stewardship. Through CanadaHelps, you instantly receive donor records for every donations made to your organization. Donor records can be downloaded for easy integration with your existing donor database.
6. Automatic E-Receipting
CanadaHelps automatically issues an official tax receipt for every donation. We send electronic receipts by email instantly to each donor, so you don’t have to!
Even more reasons to register with CanadaHelps:
- CanadaHelps is a fully bilingual service - donors can give in either French or English
- Mobile optimized donation pages
- Customize your charity profile page, add your logo and include current fundraising campaigns or appeals
- Take advantage of online learning opportunities (webinars)
- CanadaHelps provides tech support to donors
Find out more about registering with CanadaHelps: