Promote Your Charitable Gifts
Adding Charitable Gifts to the CanadaHelps Gift Guide is Easy!
Donors are increasingly motivated to give when they know the tangible impact of their donation. Many large charities benefit by offering charitable gifts—think of campaigns to provide a goat to a family, or a scholarship to a child—especially during the holiday season. The CanadaHelps Gift Guide is a no-charge way for charities of all types and sizes to attract new donors with charitable gifts.
What Kinds of Gifts Work?
Charitable gift ideas can be anything from physical items such as warm blankets, school supplies, or first-aid kits, to outcomes of donations such as the gift of a lifesaving medical treatment for a child in need. You can add gifts that are specifically for the holidays, but we suggest adding gifts that work all year round! We’ll promote your gifts during Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and more!
Sign in to add a gift!
See Sample Gifts
How to Add a Charitable Gift to the CanadaHelps Gift Guide
- Sign into your CanadaHelps account and click My Charity from the drop-down box at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click the Profile tab and then click Campaign Pages.
- Complete the fields on this page to create a new campaign.
– Enter the name of your charitable gift under the “Name” field for English and/or French (e.g. Emergency Treatment Kit).
– Set the start date that you want your gift to appear in the Gift Guide.
– Set the end date that you want your gift to be removed from the Gift Guide, or leave it blank.
– If you have a goal amount, you can enter it here.
– Select a fund or create a new one.
– Select the language that you want your page to appear in.
- After you click Create Campaign, you’ll be directed to a page where you can select the value of your gift, add a photo, description and more. When filling out information about your gift on the following page, don’t forget to select the value of your gift from the Campaign Type drop-down menu.
- A photo will go a long way, so be sure to add one! Add them to your media library first, and then select the ones you want to display on this page from the Page Visuals tab.
- In the Donation Presets tab, indicate the value of your charitable gift and the impact of the donation.