Every year, GivingTuesday takes place on the Tuesday following Black Friday and Cyber Monday. This year, it takes place on December 1st. Make sure it’s a day when your charity maintains its share of voice and jump-starts its holiday donations!
- Become an Official GivingTuesday Partner
- Leverage Your Ready-to-go GivingTuesday Donation Page
- Connect with Your Community by Joining a Civic Movement this #GivingTuesdayCa!
- Join the #GivingTuesdayCA Conversation on Social!
- Check out the GivingTuesday 10 Tips in 10 Minutes Video Series for More Ideas
Become an Official GivingTuesday Partner
Help us grow the GivingTuesday movement and reach our goal of 5,000 GivingTuesday partners – it’s free and easy to sign up! Once registered, your charity’s logo will appear on the official GivingTuesday website where thousands of Canadians will visit to learn more and even donate to participating charities. The new interactive map lets donors and media browse all GivingTuesday partners to discover exciting campaigns. Become an official partner today!
Leverage your Ready-to-go GivingTuesday Donation Page
As a registered Canadian charity, you have access to a ready-to-go GivingTuesday branded donation page. To access your page, visit www.GivingTuesday.ca and select “Give to Any Charity.” Search for your charity by name. Selecting your charity from the results will take you to your GivingTuesday branded donation page that you can use to accept donations online. All processing of donations, including automatic tax-receipting, will be handled by CanadaHelps and seamlessly integrated into your CanadaHelps account. Access Your ready-to-go donation page.
Connect with your Community by Joining a Civic Movement this #GivingTuesdayCa!
GivingTuesday is a powerful movement with proven traction to inspire Canadians to get involved. Joining or starting a civic movement is a concrete way to directly impact your community, and it’s free to participate! It can help you amplify your GivingTuesday campaign and connect with local residents, businesses and charities in a more personal way. We can already see so many exciting civic movements in the works. Visit GivingTuesday.ca to find a civic movement near you.
Join the #GivingTuesdayCA conversation on social!
5 social media tips for GivingTuesday:
- On December 1st, use social media to thank your donors, volunteers and supporters. Let them know how they made a difference this year.
- Ask your supporters to help spread awareness about your cause and GivingTuesday. Post lots of shareable content that they will want to share online.
- Engage your supporters by asking them to share stories with you about why they give or why your cause matters to them. Make it more fun by asking them to submit #UNselfie photos.
- Let your followers know how they can support you this GivingTuesday. Tell them about your volunteer opportunities, GivingTuesday initiatives and campaigns, fundraising pages, etc.
- Access social media tools and resources for GivingTuesday! Download free toolkits from GivingTuesday.ca and watch the webinar Social Media Strategies for GivingTuesday.