For the 86,000 registered Canadian charities working hard to make a difference across the country and around the world, summer months are often known to mean a rise in temperatures and dip in donations. At CanadaHelps, we know summer can be a challenging month for charities across the country as Canadians head out to enjoy the great Canadian outdoors, leaving charities to face a decline in financial support — so we are challenging you, Canada, to get giving this summer and join The Great Canadian Giving Challenge!
Back for a second year, this June, your donations to your favourite Canadian registered charity have the chance to multiple your impact, and it is easy to participate.
Ready for the Challenge? It’s easy to join! Here is how:
- Every $1 donated* between June 1 and June 30, 2016 is an automatic entry for the charity to win (minimum $3 donation required).
- Grand prize draw is on Canada Day, July 1, 2016; and one lucky charity will receive the grand prize of $10,000.
- Can’t choose just one charity? Donate to all the charities you care about to give them all a chance to win!
- Ready to get giving? Inspire your social networks to support their favourite causes this June by spreading the word on social media using the hashtag #GivingChallengeCA.
Last year’s inaugural Great Canadian Giving Challenge was proof that Canadians are compassionate about their favourite charitable causes, and this year we can’t wait to bring back the challenge. Check out some of last year’s results:
- Over 6.3 million was raised in eligible donations
- More than 41,000 Canadians participated
- More than 7,500 charities were supported and eligible to win
- Over 50,900 donations were made
*Donations must be made via givingchallenge.ca or canadahelps.org. Minimum $3 donation required. Contest runs from June 1, 2016 at midnight Newfoundland Daylight Time (NDT) to June 30, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). One (1) CAD $10,000 donation from The GIV3 Foundation to selected charity available to be won. Odds of charity winning depend on number of entries received. Math skill-test required. See full rules at: http://givingchallenge.ca/rules.html