2016 was an extraordinary year.
Together, we raised over $133,000,000.
With our new array of robust and easy-to-use tools, charities and donors helped make more impact than ever. From significant growth in securities donations, to selling more event tickets that could seat Madison Square Garden, CanadaHelps charity partners rocked it.
Based on CanadaHelps data, here’s our top 10 list of exciting things charities and donors accomplished in 2016:
- Hundreds of charities embedded donation pages on their websites using CanadaHelps. See some fantastic examples.
- 350 charities launched change-making events, like this one, using our new Events platform and the average charity raised more than $6.5k.
- The average size of a security donation was a whopping $3.2k.
- Gifts from Securities donations grew by 45%.
- More than 400 charities launched a Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Social Fundraising event.
- An average of 70 gifts were made per P2P campaign.
- Hundreds of charities made an excellent first impression using our new Impact Pages. See a beautiful example from Future Possibilities For Kids, here.
- Monthly gifts set-up grew by more than 35% year-over-year, and monthly gifts (dollar amount) accounted for 15% of total donations made using CanadaHelps.
- 13% of all one-time donations were Tribute Gifts made in memory or in honour of someone. If you haven’t already, customize the eCards on your Customizable Donation Forms. Learn more.
- More than 3,500 charity representatives took advantage of a CanadaHelps free educational whitepaper. See our array of whitepapers.
More than ever, charities need the tools and skills to directly engage Canadians and cultivate a strong base of supporters. We’re working hard to help you do that. This year, we’re committed to building the tools and sharing the knowledge and best practices that fundraisers need to succeed.
May 2017 bring you much fundraising success!
—The CanadaHelps Team