Donating public securities and mutual funds is the most tax-smart way to make donations in Canada. Eliminating the capital gains tax, your donors can give more to your charity and receive a larger tax receipt. The 2015 deadline for donating securities and mutual funds through CanadaHelps is Friday, December 18th. Don’t miss out on these larger gifts this holiday season. It’s easy!
- Download our ready-to-go securities messaging and graphics to make a securities appeal to your higher value donors.
- Add the Donate Securities button to your website. Watch the short how-to video.
Then, leave the rest to us! CanadaHelps will:
- Handle this process from beginning to end.
- Issue a charitable tax receipt.
- Transfer the proceeds right into your charity’s bank account.
- All at our even lower charity rate.