CanadaHelps is excited to announce The Great Canadian Giving Challenge is back for a second year starting June 1st through June 30th, and now is the perfect time to get your charity ready for a great month of giving!
What is the Great Canadian Giving Challenge and how does it work?
The Great Canadian Giving Challenge is a nationwide initiative to encourage charitable giving in June, a time when charitable giving is seasonably low over the summer months making it a challenging time for many charities.
To help charities raise funds for their cause into the summer months, the Great Canadian Giving Challenge gives Canadians an impactful incentive to give to their favourite charity: for every dollar* donated to your charity in June via givingchallenge.ca or canadahelps.org, your charity has the chance to win a $10,000 donation, meaning the more your supporters give, the more chances you have to win the $10,000 prize and make a significant impact! On July 1, 2016 – a day when Canadians proudly celebrate our nation – one charity will be randomly selected to win The Great Canadian Giving Challenge’s $10,000 grand prize – how exciting!
We saw BIG results last year, and expect this year to be even bigger.
In our first year, the Great Canadian Giving Challenge saw an increase in giving from coast, to coast, to coast. Here are some of our results:
- Over 6.3 million was raised in eligible donations
- More than 41,000 Canadians participated
- More than 7,500 charities were supported and eligible to win
- Over 50,900 donations were made
- 20 percent more charities received donations last June than the year prior using CanadaHelps.org*
- There was a 22 percent increase in the number of donations*
- 18 percent more Canadians gave*
*Comparison of donations made using CanadaHelps in June 2015 versus June 2014.
Get your charity ready for a great month of giving starting June 1!
To leverage your charity’s participation in this year’s Great Canadian Giving Challenge, get your charity ready for a great month of giving:
- Download our Great Canadian Giving Challenge charity toolkit
- Download #GivingChallengeCA graphic assets, donate buttons, and social media templates.
- Get your organizations ready-to-go customized donation challenge page here.
- Begin to let your supporters know that your charity will be participating in the challenge by spreading the word on social media using the hashtag #GivingChallengeCA.
Questions? Get in touch!
The Great Canadian Giving Challenge is an initiative from CanadaHelps and GIV3, the co-founders of GivingTuesday Canada. For more information on the Great Canadian Giving Challenge, visit givingchallenge.ca, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Donations must be made via givingchallenge.ca or canadahelps.org. Minimum $3 donation required. Contest runs from June 1, 2016 at midnight Newfoundland Daylight Time (NDT) to June 30, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT). One (1) CAD $10,000 donation from The GIV3 Foundation to selected charity available to be won. Odds of charity winning depend on number of entries received. Math skill-test required. See full rules at: http://givingchallenge.ca/rules.html