Aviva Canada believes that good things happen when people come together. Even great things. We get to know our neighbours. We do things to help each other. We become more resilient.
The Aviva Community Fund, Canada’s longest running online funding competition, is celebrating ten years of community impact by donating over $1 million to fund charitable initiatives across the country. And this year, Aviva is making it easier than ever for organizations to win with 160 prizes to give away!
Since 2009, the Fund has supported the moments – big and small – that bring communities together. That’s why this year’s theme is ‘Better Together’, which encourages people to come together to create change within their community.
What’s new for 2018?
Starting on August 13, 2018 and running for 10 straight business days, charities can apply for a $1,000 prize to host a #BetterTogether event in celebration of communities coming together. There are 100 prizes in total and winners will be announced daily from September 4, 2018 to September 13, 2018.
Also new are two different idea categories:
- Small Ideas: 50 prizes of $10,000 will be awarded to organizations that bring people in their community together
- Big Ideas: 3 prizes of $100,000 will be awarded to organizations that bring people in their community together to achieve long-lasting impact.
The 7 Big Idea runners up will also each receive $15,000.
Idea submissions will open August 28 and run until September 18. And this year, the competition is only open to CRA-registered charities or CRA-qualified donees – so your chances are better than ever to win!
Learn more about how to apply for the Aviva Community Fund at avivacommunityfund.org.
Win $1,000 for your charity’s #BetterTogether event!
This year, Aviva’s awarding 100 different $1,000 prizes to CRA-registered charities to hold their own #BetterTogether event. Your event must take place between September 26, 2018 and September 30, 2018, and should gather 25 or more members of your community to build stronger connections.
Need inspiration for your #BetterTogether event? Here’s a few ideas to get you started:
- Host a barbecue or open house for your volunteers or supporters
- Invite community members to help revitalize your space
- Run a community exercise or meditation class
- Hold a mural painting party in a shared community space
- Host an arts or cultural gathering, like a poetry reading or diversity fair
More information on how to apply for your $1,000 to host a Better Together event will be available on August 13! Come back then for more details.
Aviva is a proud partner of CanadaHelps. Through our extensive network, Aviva has increased their ability to fund Canadian charities of all sizes in need of funding.