With the rise of CPAs as senior executives in the not-for-profit sector CPA Canada is now offering a new multiphase four-day workshop for not-for-profit senior leaders called, Translating Strategy Into Action: A Guide for Senior Not-for-Profit Leaders. It is tailored to the demands of senior executives in today’s highly competitive not-for-profit environment.
The event held by presenters Ajay M. Pangarkar and Jennifer Gervès-Keen, will address topics and key challenges faced in the non-profit sector, through various individual and group activities, case studies, discussions and seminars. Topics being discussed will include building a strong strategic plan, learning useful business and technical skills, connecting strategy to budget and performance, and advancing the overall vision plan of each organization.
As part of the workshop, you will:
- Build a specific NFP strategic plan for your organization
- How to use, evaluate, and measure progress with the AQ platform
- Discuss amongst fellow not-for-profit seniors of the challenges of the NFP world
- Learn how to place your strategy plan into action
- Acquire the tools to measure and manage your performance
- Learn how to influence your stakeholders, boards, and team members
- Be better equipped to manage the operational risk in your organization
- Learn how to better communicate with your community and organization
Workshop topics include:
- Building a focused NFP plan for your organization
- Connecting strategy building with operation performance and action plan
- Building and performing a cultural audit of your organization
- Developing a targeted implementation plan
- Measuring results and evaluating progress
- Understanding how to adapt and deal with changes, and how it impacts your message and the delivery
The multi-phase CPA workshop for not-for-profit leaders will be held in Toronto May 30th -31st, and August 17th -18th, 2017. For more details, or to register, please visit CPA Canada’s website.