We are pleased to share the news of recent updates and improvements to the Funds section of your CanadaHelps Charity Account. Previously, all Funds created by charity administrators were displayed as options across all pages, but now, you can control which funds appear to your supporters based on where your donor is making a donation from.
As a charity administrator, you have the ability to choose which Funds donors see when they:
- Donate to your organization through your Charity Profile page
- Donate to your organization through your Custom Donate Now (CDN) page
- Donate to your organization via a Charity Campaign, P2P, or Events page
- Create a Fundraising Page in support of your charity
In order to best accommodate the new changes, we have re-designed the Funds Tab in your CanadaHelps Charity Account. When you log into your account and select the Funds Tab, you will now see the following:
This is the area of your account where you can add and manage Fund designations.
Why add Funds?
Adding funds increases your transparency to donors and allows your donors to choose how they want their donation to be spent, which can have a direct impact on donations.
The “Funds” tab in your account lists the current Funds your charity has set up, with options to edit and delete each of the designated Funds. You also have the ability to easily create new Funds, and can enter English and French names within the same Fund. When you click the “Create New Fund” button, the below pop-up will appear:
You will then be prompted to add the Fund name (English and French), and through a check-box feature adjacent to the option, you can control where you fund is available for selection. For example, as a Charity Admin, you can choose to have all donations go to any one of your funds when creating a campaign page on CanadaHelps.org, when adding Fundraise Now or Donate Securities Now buttons to your website, when creating P2P or Events, or when creating Custom Donate Now Pages, tied to a specific fund.
Below is a detailed description of the options you now have for controlling where your Funds are available:
- Individuals creating a Fundraising Page on CanadaHelps.org: When selected, visitors to the CanadaHelps.org site who choose to create a Fundraising Page in support of your charity can choose to have donations to their fundraiser directed to a specific fund.
- Individuals donating via CanadaHelps.org: When selected, visitors to the CanadaHelps.org site making a one-time, monthly or securities donation to your charity can choose to have their donation directed to a specific fund.
- Individuals donating via a Custom Donate Now page not tied to a specific fund: When selected, visitors to a Custom Donate Now page that is set to allow donors to choose from a list of available funds will be able to direct their donation to a specific fund.
- All of the above: When selected, your fund will be available for selection in all of the scenarios above
The above information is also available when you click the “Learn more about this feature” when creating a new Fund while logged into your CanadaHelps Charity Account.
By default, all charities have a “General” Fund. You can rename this fund, but you can’t delete it. All Funds are sorted alphabetically, and numbering funds will allow you to control their order. Fund names have a limit of 128 characters in length (including spaces), and now, you can control where each of your funds is available for selection.
With the new and improved Fund features, it has never been easier for your charity to create, manage and edit Funds! So, be sure to add or manage your Funds in your CanadaHelps Charity Account, to develop deeper transparency with your donors, and ultimately increase your impact through incremental donations.