Donors are increasingly motivated to give when they know the tangible impact of their donation. Many large charities benefit by offering charitable gifts – think of campaigns to provide a goat to a family, or a scholarship to a child – especially during special occasions like Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
The CanadaHelps Gift Guide is a no-charge way for charities of all types and sizes to attract new donors with charitable gifts.
What kinds of gifts work?
Charitable gift ideas can be anything from physical items such as warm blankets, school supplies, or first-aid kits, to outcomes of donations such as the gift of a lifesaving medical treatment for a child in need.
You can add gifts that are specifically for the holidays, but we suggest adding gifts that work all year round! We’ll promote your gifts during Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and more!
Learn How to Add a Charitable Gift to the Gift Guide
Watch this step-by-step video or read the instructions below to learn how to add your charitable gifts to the Gift Guide.
- Sign-in to your CanadaHelps account.
- Click Charity Admin from the drop-down box at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click the Profile tab and then click the Edit Profile button.
- Click the Campaigns tab.
- Scroll down the page to the Create a New Campaign section…
- Enter the name of your charitable gift under the “Name” field for English and/or French (i.e. Emergency Treatment Kit, Clean Water for 7 Days, etc.)
- Indicate the start date that you want your gift to appear in the Gift Guide
- Indicate the end date that you want your gift to be removed from the Gift Guide, or leave it blank
- Do not enter a goal amount
- Select a fund or create a new one
- Select the language that you want your page to appear in
- Click Create Campaign
After you click Create Campaign, you’ll be directed to a page where you can select the value of your gift, add a photo, description and more. Don’t forget to save your work!
- A photo will go a long way, so be sure to add one! Photos must be at least 400x400px. Add them to your media library first, and then select the ones you want to display on this page from the Page Visuals Tab.
- In the Donation Presets tab, indicate the value of your charitable gift and the impact of the donation.